Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A few of my favorite things 2008

These are a few of my favorite things I found this year.  These favorite things are excluding the obvious like my family etc.  Inspired by this post.

1) I finally broke down and got a big screen TV and LOVE it when I get the opportunity to watch it.

TV_Fireplace copy

2) I am 100% addicted to my blackberry!  Awesome tool for work and life!

blackberry_8830_1

3) Dual Monitors! It opens up a whole new world.  I first got them here at work then when we bought a new computer at home I told Heather she had to get dual monitors.  I think she is hooked too!

dual_monitors

4) FaceBook.com!  Another addition of mine.  What a blast this is connecting with new and old friends.  Much better than MySpace in my opinion. Don't forget the Facebook application for the BlackBerry to Geek it out properly.

facebook

5) Blogger.com!  My wife also turned me on to blogs this year and I have to say it is awesome!  I feel like I know some of the bloggers better than my real life friends.  Well I probably do because in real life you just don't have time to share like you can in a blog. Does that make me weird to have cyber friends?

blogger

6) 24hr Fitness.  Ok so another addiction of mine...  I think I have a problem... This is turning into and intervention post I think.  They opened up a gym right down the road from me and there is also one near my office so I get to go at lunch and after work!  Feel the burn baby!

24hr fitness

7) Sensi~Care.  My wife actually discovered this but it has been a God send with all the pooping going on with these digestively challenged babies.  It creates a barrier between the baby bottom and anything.  Very crucial when the babies have toxic poo that eats their butts.

sensicare

I am sure there are more but can not think of them right now.  If I do I will edit the post and add them.

Tried to figure out Mr. Linky thing but no luck so far... Just leave a comment with a link to your favorite things of 2008.

6 comments:

Michael F said...

Nice to have you Alena! Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes I wonder how many people visit but just don't comment.

Bones said...

The sensicare is a wound cream barrier ointment that dries on and is frickin awesome! The bad part is that it is not sold in stores and our pharmacist special orders it for us. Alot of NICUs and PICUs use it. FAB stuff!

The RockStar said...

Sensicare huh? I will have to check this out just in case a baby walks into our house again ... that seems to happen every so often. As for cyber friends ... we are a figment of your imagination ... be afraid, be very afraid!

Zombie said...

Definitely does not make you weird to consider people you read the darkest secrets about online your friends. If I had frequent flyer miles, I would actually do the creepy thing and visit my blogger friends. I challenge any of my friends to open up to another person the way we do with "strangers in virtual proximity" (I coined this and copyrighted it, so don't even think of using it without expressed written permission ;)

K-Dogg said...

funny that this phrase sounds a lot like my "people in virtual proximity". this great phrase is also "mine" by way of copyright. how creative of you zombie.

Michael... I'm jealous that you have cool toys. i wish i could go to the gym and get my man boobs all robust and stuff.

Bones said...

Michael, you have some "big" fav things this year...tv, dual monitors, blackberry. Its been a good year for things. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the IRS for the annual Heather and Michael savings program. We saved a LOT on our 2007 taxes. Whoa baby! Wait. Maybe if we DIDN'T overpay the IRS we might have just earned interest off of the money and like paid down our van or something. Oh well.

Post a Comment