Monday, January 12, 2009

A son is born!

We have been through this several times already.  It always starts the same "Guys looks like this one is going to be available are you interested in adopting?"  "Well of course we are!"  I understand that they need to ask that question even when they have no clue if it is reality or not but I wish they would save that question until there is a little more evidence that it will be reality.

In June of this year things looked great for baby T .  We had just seen baby Jesse off to go be with this bio family and we needed a break!  So I had some work to do in Houston and the family went with me to unwind clear our minds of the heartbreak we just went through.  We lost Jesse but baby T was still there and things were looking good.  We decided to start calling him by the name we are going to call him when he is adopted so he can get used to it.  We let our guard down. 

Not long after returning from that trip my wife calls me and tells me that we should prepare ourselves to loose baby T things have changed and there is practically no chance we will ever get to keep him.  He is going to be taken from us and given to a family of his own heritage.

Emotions spewed out of me I balled my eyes out, cried to God, got mad at the world.  I called every lawyer in the book trying to do everything humanly possible to fight for MY SON!  I was going to fight the world to keep  him.  My wife thought I had lost my mind but I was determined to fight for my son!  I knew no one in the world could love this boy more than we do!  I knew what was best for him was our family.  It looked hopeless.  For some odd reason our Country has given the Indian Nation authority over any court in the nation.  What they decide goes.  They never decide for the non-Indian family.

This last Friday driving in my car crying my eyes out again!  This whole time I have not let myself believe it.  I have protected my heart against the pain to be sure I don't feel this again.  January 10th marks the end of the 90 day probation period for Baby T no long lost family member or friend can come out of the woodwork and claim him now.  HE IS OURS!  You see the miracle happened, the father refused a paternity test but also refused any future interest in the case.  Without proof of the father the Indian Nation had no case so they dropped the case and the parental rights were terminated.  The last 90 days I have kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Driving in my car Friday I let myself feel it, I let my self believe it, I let myself enjoy it!

MY SON IS HOME!

6 comments:

Bones said...

Awwww.

Anonymous said...

what are you trying to do here...make your big brother cry or something???

Really....touching. I know that feeling and I agree...how could anyone be a better father or family and love him more than you and yours. Not possible. Welcome home baby T

Melissa B said...

that is awesome!!

Burkulater said...

Praise God! What a beautiful post.

K-Dogg said...

woo hoo! baby T in the hizzouse!

a can't imagine all that stuff you guys go through with that adoption process. i'm so glad everything worked out for you.

The Wife said...

I love this post! You are a wonderful Dady. Welcome home Baby T!!!!

Post a Comment