Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fine! I’m a raciest then!

I have managed to keep myself pretty distracted since the election with various activities such as football, children, work etc so I have managed to keep my blood pressure under control (Except for when the Panthers choked and lost to the Cardinals in the playoffs! Dangit there goes my blood pressure again!). 

Yesterday got my head spinning again and my blood pressure up.  I was surrounded by the notion that I have to be excited about Obama becoming President.  Let me preface this by saying I understand the importance and I even blogged about it at the time it happened.

Yesterday I was torn.  I am happy we elected an African American but had trouble getting excited about the African American that we elected (of course I did not vote for him as you might have guessed).  I am opposed to practically everything he stands for, big government, homeland security, abortion, foreign policy, just to name a few.  Because I disagree with this African American and I am not excited to see this African American take office and start this country in a direction I am against I am a raciest!  I think this is ridiculous but I have experienced it myself from someone very close to me and I see it in the media where opposition to Obama is considered raciest as opposed to just ideological differences. 

When Obama was elected I told someone that he was elected by two groups: African Americans, and people that hate Bush.  My point was that a lot (not all) African Americans voted for Obama because he was African American and that if that was the only reason they voted for him then it was raciest.  If you have no clue what he stands for or what he plans to do with the country and still voted for him because he is the same race as you then that in my opinion is raciest.  This person did not agree and thought/thinks I am a raciest.  I suppose his race makes him untouchable and his ideas valid just on the color of his skin.  This is going to be a long raciest 4 years for me!

I am not excited about the President the country elected and if racism was indeed dead then I should be able to say that and not be labeled at all (except perhaps a conservative).  I honestly do not care what color he is but I disagree with his policies whole heartedly and if that makes me a raciest then fine!

4 comments:

High on the Hog said...

Yep! No matter what, you are not mella enough and you will never do what's right. Why? You are white. Sorry. Me too. You know that killing babies is wrong, you must work for what is yours, you know you shouldn't talk to terrorists and you want to keep the money you earn. This has no color, race or ideal. It is simply right.

Zombie said...

I guess I am a racist too. I watched the inauguration and it was fine up until the end when the preacher came and did the benediction prayer for 5 plus minutes. Look it up on Youtube, the last bit was the epitome of racism. He was may the yellow do what is right or something. Watch it tell me what you think.


Also if I see Obama's face next to Dr. King's one more time I will puke. A little premature aren't we?

K-Dogg said...

good point Hog!

i didn't get to see the benediction prayer, but i heard about it. i will check it out.

also, my guess is that we will have to be prepared for an 8 year term. not trying to be a downer, but it will take Obama at least that long to make any real difference. the people will give him that chance i believe. they already think he is our country's savior.

one thing that made me want to puke everywhere was the first dance. uuughhh! gimmee a break!

Bones said...

I don't agree with Obama's politics. I agree that many people of minority status voted for him because he is African-American and with no understanding of his political aims. I don't know that they cared. I cannot imagine what it is like to go without representation for years and years, so I can only imagine what immense pride people of color are feeling. I am proud, as the mom of an African-American daughter, that our country elected an AA man to office. That is what made the inauguration special to me. I am concerned about his politics, for certain.

Post a Comment