Thursday, November 6, 2008

Melting Pot

So I ran out of oatmeal for breakfast!  This is terrible I always eat a package of Wal Mart brand Cinnamon Roll oatmeal for breakfast (and usually lunch) but this morning none!  There is no Wal Mart around my office so I had to scrape up enough change from the ashtray in the car (what else are you going to use an ashtray for?) and off to MickeyD's I go.

I pull up the the drive thru order my plain biscuit get the total and pull up to the first window:

Me: "Good morning"
Cashier No. 1 (Indian woman): "Total is..."
Me: "OK"
I give her the money
Cashier No. 1: "Have a day!"
I chuckled to myself thinking "Ok I guess I have that covered. I have a day already I suppose a Thursday to be exact" (I crack me up all the time. Other people not so much)

Cashier No. 2 (Hispanic Woman): "Would you like yelley?"

I drive by probably 3 MickeyD's on the way to work but I always pass them by to stop at the one by the office because I can't wait to hear the little Hispanic woman say "Would you like yelly?"  I have yet to try this yelley but she makes it sound so good I will have to try that soon.

What a wonderfully diverse culture we live in.  I wonder what I say funny? :) 

4 comments:

Bones said...

ok. you should totally listen to 104.9 Desi radio. It is incredibly interesting. There And have you listened to rap on one of the Spanish stations? It is has this way syncapated beat like the Puerto Rican drummers from West Coast used to make. I so miss that music.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you say funny because you sound just like me but I do know you use to believe that spaghetti grew on trees. Some people might think that was funny.

Bones said...

And because he thought spaghetti grew on trees, he had a chip on his shoulder about being lied to by his parents so that meant the girls were told there was no Santa, Tooth Fairy, or Easter Bunny, and to hear Hannah tell it, she is scarred for life. =0)

The RockStar said...

Cinnamon Roll - Walmart style is how we roll here too. Only once a week though .... you are hard core.

Let me know how that yelley turns out.

Post a Comment