Thursday, November 13, 2008

Batman Begins while the Kung Fu Panda Gets Smart!

I was watching this movie where this kid's parents get shot coming out of a theatre so he ends up being raised by his butler Alfred.  Then one night he has a dream that he is part of the Ferocious Five and is kicking all kinds of bad guy booty and blinding people with his Awesomeness and Attractiveness.  Then when he grows up he actually ends up being a FBI analyst that wants to be an agent but is too clumsy and too good at his job to become an actual agent.

That is what I got out of it anyway. Over the past 2 weeks I have watched roughly half of three movies before crashing into sleep.  All together I have watched a movie and half but can never seem to finish any of them.  (Don't tell me how they end someday I will go back and watch the endings)

Since we became foster parents about a year and a half ago it has been a lot of sleepless nights!  We have had baby after baby so the normal 6mths and they are sleeping through the night was actually almost a year and a half of not sleeping through the night!  As soon as we get one baby sleeping through the night the next new born would come along and we would start the process all over again. 

Most nights all 5 children sleep through the night now but I spend from 6:30 (when I get home from work) until 9pm getting babies played with, fed, changed, fed, changed, bathed, played with and then finally put to bed.  (Of course my wife helps out a little) so when the older kids come and beg me to watch a movie with them I REALLY want too but my body just can't hang.  We get started and about 30mins in I am out like a light.  I feel really guilty because the babies require a lot of attention and the older girls get my left overs.  I need to figure out a way to give them more one on one daddy time.  Soon they will be off on their own and I will not have the opportunity to do that any more.

9 comments:

Bones said...

I think I know why you keep dozing off during movies. It's the same reason I looked around the other day and found my mother's butt back where mine used to be. It's called old age. We aren't spring chickens anymore, dear.

Michael F said...

I watched half of Hellboy II last night! Hopefully get to the other half tonight :)

Anonymous said...

how did you fall asleep during Batman?? We're not related...it's official

Unknown said...

You really have your hands full. You sound like a really great dad. Don't sweat it. I'm sure the older ones are getting what they need.

The Wife said...

They will remember you tried. That's the main thing. And they will forever see the example you set in taking care of the least of these. So sweet your wife helps out here and there. ;) Sometimes I do that as well.

Michael F said...

Yeah Laura that wife of mine... Nice of her to help out every now and then... You know she doesn't even have a JOB! She just stays home with the kids. She is a real underachiever.

Of course I am kidding she works circles around me. I think that is why she didn't think my comment about "helps our a little" was nearly as funny as I did :)

Bones said...

You called me an underachiever. HA! Dream on! Wouldn't THAT make your life much easier! If only!

The RockStar said...

Yep. My wife too ... sits around twiddling her all day .... babysitting me ... 4 loads of laundry ... homeschooling 5 grades at once ... you know, the typical stuff.

The RockStar said...

My net nanny didn't like the word "thumbs" between her and all in the last comment.

I am at war with a nanny who doesn't physically exist. What next ... toes? scalp? eye sockets?

Post a Comment