Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Premature Agree’er

Me: “Hi I’m…”
PA: “Yeah”
Me: “Michael” holding my hand out
Me: “I am”
PA: “Yeah”
So now I see that he is a premature agree’er I rush through the sentence so that he can not agree to whatever I am saying.
Me: “HereToSetupYourComputer”  There I got it out without a interruption.
PA: “Yeah uh huh” “Great!”

This guy was a foreigner of some origin perhaps Russian which is only relevant because he had that accent that made it even funnier. 

So why do premature agree’ers do this?

1) They are reading my mind and have already foreseen everything that I am about to say and agree with it.  This one is highly unlikely as I think there is little scientific proof that this is a true phenomena plus if he was reading my mind he would understand I was irritated by his constant interruptions.

2) He is highly intelligent and can both speak and listen at the same time.  This is plausible as he is a propeller head.  I will keep this as a possibility.  He didn’t ask questions so either he completely understood everything I said (as he talked over me) or he is going to be entering a lot of trouble tickets soon.

3) He is completely nervous about his language skills and does this out of nervous habit.  I think this is the most likely.  I can not say this is true for every premature agree’er but I think this was for mine.

PA: “Yeah uh huh…. Great!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment