Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ghost Hunters

haunted_house

My youngest daughter has an odd fascination with all things creepy.  Not sure where it came from or more importantly where it is going!  Nonetheless I thought it was time to entertain her with a little Halloween fun.  I decided to take the girls to a haunted house for the first time (They are in their early teens).  I figured it would go down like this... The oldest would be way too freaked out and decline to go and opt to stay at home and read and it would be me the youngest going out to pay people to scare us and pretend to try and kill us, you know, good clean fun.  Well turns out the oldest was super pumped and the youngest got pretty skittish.  Go figure. (Are you done figuring yet? OK I'll wait)

Well after hours of searching for a good haunted house I discovered that it was a minimum of $18 each for haunted houses in our area an there were really not any that were close.  I had one picked out that was about 45mins away and $10 each but when I looked up directions it ended up being 2hrs and 45mins away.  Not sure what happened there.  Darned internets!

So instead of the Haunted House we just stayed home and opened and closed the Power Bill, far scarier but somehow I can't help imagine less satisfying.  Maybe next year.

4 comments:

just another mother said...

ha - power bill. you're too funny

Bones said...

Yeah...$36 for 2 people for 10 minutes of intentional horror? Not in THIS economy! Well, not in any economy.

The RockStar said...

Sorry it didn't work out. Internet mapping tools are fantastic. I once was on an overpass and my mapquest said turn right. The problem was, turning right would have put me on the right road, but my car would have to fall over 20 feet to make it happen

junglemama said...

LOL. How true! One of our bills this summer was nearly $800! Now that is scary. I too wanted to take my older kids to a haunted house, but they are so expensive. Instead we settled on watching HSM3.

Post a Comment