Thursday, October 8, 2009

The best toy my wife every got me!

My wife's great line for years and years now has been "Children are the best toy I ever got Michael". It is so true! A quick example.

The other night me and the two toddlers and the 14yr old were in the living room. The TV happened to be on in the background. We usually do not turn it on until the little tax deductions go to bed. Well a commercial caught Gabe's eye as he was walking by. So he stopped looked at me, looked at the TV, and said "Da dadadad da da ddada deedde" which is cute enough but then he pointed again. That is when I had my awful good idea as the Grinch would say. The next time he pointed to the TV I muted the TV (with the remote down by my side). He would put his hand down and I would un-mute the TV. It took him no more than three times of this for him to see the pattern. Gabe would point, I would mute, he would put his hand down I would un-mute. He was convinced he had some magical powers to make the talking box be quiet. Meanwhile the 14yr old is about to pass out she is laughing so hard. Ah fun times :) You have to try this with your toddler!

~M

2 comments:

Bones said...

I'm PRETTY sure Gabe said "Daddy mean" tonight. Yeah. Pretty sure.

Burkulater said...

Oh and they believe they ARE so powerful. How fun!

Post a Comment